Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Garden in flower - Autumn 2009

Continuing the record of my garden in flower through the seasons - this is my garden flowering through Autumn (March to May):

Acacias
\
\
\

Allamanda
\

Begonia
\

Buddleia Davidii
\

Callistemon
\

Cosmos
\

Gerbera
\

Hibiscus
\

Hypoestes
\

Impatiens
\

Jasminum Officinale
\

Lobelia
\

Mandevilla ‘White Fantasy’
\

Medinilla Magnifica
\

Murraya Paniculata
\

Mussaenda Philippica ‘Aurore’
\

Mussaenda Philippica ‘Bangkok Rose’
\

Orchid
\

Osteospermum ‘Tradewinds’
\

Pansy
\

Pelargonium
\

Pentas
\

Petunia
\

Portulaca
\

Scutellaria Suffrutescens
\

Serissa Foetida
\

Snapdragon
\

Spathodea campanulata
\

Streptocarpus Caulescens
\

Torenia
\

Rhoeo Spathacea
\

Viola
\

Verbena
\

It is said that our region only has 2 distinct seasons, the dry season in autumn, winter and spring and the wet season in summer. Autumn rainfall drops to a monthly average of around 108mm. The season of Autumn is a little cooler with average temperature 20o C – 30o C. It’s the time when we plant out annuals and trim back a lot of the growth after the ‘wet’ season.

3 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful... i absolutely love ALL of them.. you must have a wonderful garden...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arati ... I do appreciate your comment. When I wrote this post last year I wasn't really expecting anyone to read my blog. I started it for my own amusement really ... and certainly wasn't expecting comments. It's lovely to get a comment on this post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden, great photos. Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and will endeavour to reply to all. All comments are moderated, so spam will be fried.

Related Posts with Thumbnails