Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Garden in flower - Autumn 2009

Continuing the record of my garden in flower through the seasons - this is my garden flowering through Autumn (March to May):

Acacias




Allamanda


Begonia


Buddleia Davidii


Callistemon


Cosmos


Gerbera


Hibiscus


Hypoestes


Impatiens


Jasminum Officinale


Lobelia


Mandevilla ‘White Fantasy’


Medinilla Magnifica


Murraya Paniculata


Mussaenda Philippica ‘Aurore’


Mussaenda Philippica ‘Bangkok Rose’


Orchid


Osteospermum ‘Tradewinds’


Pansy


Pelargonium


Pentas


Petunia


Portulaca


Scutellaria Suffrutescens


Serissa Foetida


Snapdragon


Spathodea campanulata


Streptocarpus Caulescens


Torenia


Rhoeo Spathacea


Viola


Verbena


It is said that our region only has 2 distinct seasons, the dry season in autumn, winter and spring and the wet season in summer. Autumn rainfall drops to a monthly average of around 108mm. The season of Autumn is a little cooler with average temperature 20o C – 30o C. It’s the time when we plant out annuals and trim back a lot of the growth after the ‘wet’ season.

3 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful... i absolutely love ALL of them.. you must have a wonderful garden...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arati ... I do appreciate your comment. When I wrote this post last year I wasn't really expecting anyone to read my blog. I started it for my own amusement really ... and certainly wasn't expecting comments. It's lovely to get a comment on this post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden, great photos. Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and will endeavour to reply to all. All comments are moderated, so spam will be fried.

Related Posts with Thumbnails